Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Covergirl TruBlend Foundation Review



If you have a hard-to-match skin tone, you may want to try Covergirl's new TruBlend line. I got a sample from BzzAgent recently and have been enjoying the heck out of it. The reason is that I have a cooler toned complexion, and it is hard for me to find a foundation that doesn't look too yellow or orange on my skin. This one does a fantastic job with the cool-to-neutral factor, and that's worth saying something!
It also feels good on my skin: it's water-based and absorbs lightly and easily. Totally not greasy or heavy, and it blends really well. This foundation is light and sheer, so I can't use it as an all-in-one foundation-plus-concealer like I can with my Clarins, but Covergirl also offers TruBlend concealer twist-up sticks and powder I'd like to try.

Finally, as someone still acne-prone even as I enter middle age, I am most pleased indeed with how good my skin feels. TruBlend has not exacerbated my acne at all. I feel good and I look good.

Covergirl's new TruBlend is a quality product for sure. I will almost certainly buy it when the sample runs out! Here's my happy face. Look... awesome blending. No jawline weirdness!

You can find your shade, too! Use Covergirl's fun online tools right here. It lets you visually pick something out, or it lets you convert from another brand's shade (for just a few brands).

As far as what is pictured: I am using L3 (Natural Ivory) but might do well with their M1 shade, or even a blend thereof. Anyway--pleased with the L3 nonetheless.

Good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment